Mehiläinen’s Digital Clinic offers you help with all your health issues 24/7, wherever you are. At Digital Clinic’s online service you can send questions and pictures to a doctor or a nurse. You will get the answer within an hour. General practitioner answers every day from 7 am to 11 pm and nurse answers at nighttime from 11 pm to 7 am. The Digital Clinic can be used both in the OmaMehiläinen app and the web service.
How to start using the Digital Clinic
- Log in to the OmaMehiläinen web service or OmaMehiläinen app, which you can download from Google Play or App Store. If you have used the OmaMehiläinen web service before all of your information transfers automatically to the app.
- The first time you log into the app, please enter your credit card information and a picture of your Kela-card (your personal card given to you by the Social Insurance Institution of Finland). This is how you get your Kela-reimbursement directly and only pay the deductible by yourself. The following times you log in this stage is not needed.
- Open the Digital Clinic by choosing the ”Digital Clinic” -button in the menu. Then choose the type of appointment you would like.
- Tell about your symptoms in the message and add a picture if needed.
- You will get the answer within an hour. If you are using the app you also get a notification when the answer arrives.
Prices of the Digital Clinic
The cost of a visit to the Digital Clinic, i.e. online appointment with a general practitioner or a nurse to a private customer is:
- 39,90 € with a doctor
- 12 € with a nurse
If the Digital Clinic’s services are a part of your employer’s occupational health contract the Digital Clinic is free to you.
If we can’t help you at the Digital Clinic and the doctor or the nurse guides you to book an appointment, we do not charge you of the Digital Clinic visit. However, we do reserve the right to charge you of the visit if your issue requires a broader analysis by the doctor.
In which situations should I use the Digital Clinic?
The Digital Clinic assists you in all matters considering health. However, the symptoms and conditions, which are usually treated at the Digital Clinic are:
- Mild* upper airway inflammations (cough,cold, congestion etc.)
- Mild* urinary tract inflammations
- Mild* gastrointestinal tract inflammations
- Eczema, rash, changes in skin
- Allergy symptoms
- Acute back pain with no alarming signals as symptoms in the limbs or strong or increasing pain
- Eye inflammation symptoms
- Prescription renewals
- Control visit with the same doctor
*Mild= a situation where the general well-being is good and the durability of the symptoms is a couple of days.
Please feel free to contact us!
Renewing prescriptions online
You can also renew your prescription both in the OmaMehiläinen web service and the OmaMehiläinen app. Renewing a prescription costs 22€ after the Kela-reimbursement. One prescription renewal payment includes 1-2 drugs. You can still request multiple drugs at a time as we charge by the amount.
How to renew prescriptions online:
- You can see all your prescriptions in your own information.
- Push the “renew prescription” -button.
- Write a short explanation about why you need the renewal.
- Within 24 hours you get a confirmation, that your prescription has been renewed. A notice is automatically sent to the pharmacy as an electronic prescription and you can collect the drug from the pharmacy.
- You can also order your prescribed drugs to your home via the OmaMehiläinen’s Digital Pharmacy
- Please notice that not all prescriptions can be renewed without seeing a doctor.
If Suorakorvaus in the Digital Clinic services
If Suorakorvaus, a direct compensation service, works also now in Mehiläinen’s Digital Clinic. As a customer of If’s hospitalization insurance you only have to pay the possible deductive. Mehiläinen handles the applying of compensation from If for you. Read more about the If Suorakorvaus service